The Colorado Wine Club is a non-profit organization whose goals are to promote the art of wine and mead making through informational, competitive, and social meetings. Our membership is comprised of amateur and professional wine/mead makers, wine appreciators, wine educators, grape growers, chefs, and those who inspire to learn more about the appreciation of fine beverages and gastronomy.
We encourage our members in their crafting of unique/creative products, at the same time, stress raising the bar and expanding the market for both meads and wines alike. We strive for quality…“great wines start and end with excellent ingredients, cleanliness and sanitation. The end result – a stylish profile unrivaled by any other club in Colorado” (R. Scovil, 2010).
We take pride in knowing that we the only club of this type in Colorado and the shining example of what an AWS chapter should look like.
- Contributing to state legislation regarding amateur and professional winemaking policies
- Securing co-op benefits/discounts with winemaking supply stores
- Obtaining AWS Wine Judge Certification
- Obtaining AWS liability insurance to cover members and their guests when attending CWC sponsored events
- Facilitating a Wine and Mead conference, where wine and beverage accessories can be showcase
- Provide an interactive website – including a wine library, social media functionality and a wine tutor
- Securing a category for meads in the American Wine Society Amateur Wine Contest
- Promoting free exchange of brewing knowledge from novice to experienced wine and mead-makers
- Promoting the economic viability of locally crafted wines and meads in the Denver Metro Area
- Facilitating social events, wine tastings, road trips to wineries
- Participating in professional winemaking workshops (i.e.: C.A.V.E, International Wine Guild, American Wine Society, etc.) and local/international competitions
15120 E. Hampden Ave.
Aurora, CO 80014
- Guests may attend up to two events in a lifetime. After which, a guest must become a member to continue attending chapter events.
- External seminars and events are optional and paid by the member.
- Benefits of AWS Membership
- Discounts at wineries throughout North America
- Participation in local chapter activities
- Participation in local, regional and national events
- Membership card and certificate
- Subscription to the Wine Journal magazine
- Quarterly AWS News
- Technical manuals, bulletins and vintage charts
- Wine Judge Certification Program
- National Wine Tasting Project
- Winemaking Competitions
- AWS Educational Foundation
- Individual Membership ($49) - This is for an individual membership.
- Household Primary Member ($62) - This form is for the primary member in a household. A second member in the same household can be added and “linked” to the primary member at no additional cost.
- Individual Half Year Membership ($35 - new members only) This sign up form is for new members who are joining the American Wine Society after July 1. After the half year is completed you will be "UPGRADED" to Individual Primary membership. The half year rate applies to individuals or households with up to two members at the same address. It is not available for renewals.
- Student Membership ($25.00) Student Membership is only for new members that meet all the following criteria
Is between the ages of 21 and 25
Is currently enrolled in a institution of higher education
Agrees to receive all communications and materials via electronic format.
Must provide a copy of your driver’s license and student id
© Colorado Wine Club 2010